Is Your Amped Extender Not Working? Let’s Get That Fixed!
Even though Amped extenders are one of the top-performing networking devices in the digital realm, they can fall victim to some issues. One such issue that is found tormenting users these days is the Amped extender not working issue. Just in case you’re also among those unfortunate users who have become victims of this issue, give a read to this post. Here, we’ve summed up all the Amped wireless extender troubleshooting tips that will help do you away with it efficiently.
Why is Your Amped Extender Not Working?
Before we hop up to make you aware of the hacks to get this problem resolved, we would like to introduce you to some common culprits behind the issue. Knowing them will make the troubleshooting process a lot easier for you:
- When it comes to creating an issue related to the working status, the power supply is the major reason. Perhaps, your range extender is not getting a sufficient amount of electricity from the power socket.
- The second reason why you are struggling to get rid of the Amped extender not working issue is technical glitches. Know that these glitches hold the power of causing serious damage to the extender.
- Your extender’s working status might also become negative if you haven’t connected it to the host router or the connection is shaky. Possibly, the Ethernet cable used by you is damaged.
- The improper location of the Amped range extender can also result in the issue under the discussion. Maybe the current location of your range extender is filled with interference-creating factors.
- Lastly, a corrupted firmware version of the extender might also put you in the mess of facing the WiFi range extender not working issue. FYI, obsolete firmware can brick your extender forever.
How to Fix Amped Extender Not Working Issue?
The previous section shed light on the reasons forcing your extender to stop working. This section completely focuses on the hacks that when implemented will help you resolve the problem. Here’s what you need to do:
- To ensure that your extender receives a consistent power supply, consider connecting it to a working power socket [if the existing one is damaged]. You are free to use a UPS if your area suffers power outages a lot.
- Restarting the extender can also help you fix the Amped extender not working issue. The reason being, it is the best method out there to resolve technical glitches. Additionally, it will improve the performance of your range extender.
- Connect your Amped extender and host router properly. You can do this with the aid of an Ethernet cable. But, while establishing a connection, make sure that it is nowhere near loose and that the cable used is free of wear and tear.
- Changing the location of the range extender can also work in your favor. However, you are not allowed to place the extender near devices that makes use of the EM waves to work. Additionally, the extender’s closeness to the reflexive surfaces is also prohibited.
- If you are still facing the Amped extender not working issue, then we advise you to perform firmware update. But, make sure that you are downloading the firmware file as per the model number of the extender. Else, your dream of reviving the extender’s performance will remain as it is.
That’s all about how to fix the Amped extender not working issue. We are hopeful that the tips shared above will help you resolve the problem. However, consider reconfiguring the extender via the Amped range extender login page if the issue persists. You can also get in touch with our experts if you want an instant solution to the problem.