Amped Wireless AP20000G Setup Guide
Amped wireless AP20000G is a high-power wireless dual-band access point. It is known to extend the range of existing wired networks as well as the networks running on older wireless technology. The access point comes equipped with advanced 600mW amplifiers and 5dBi detachable high-gain antennas. Capable of providing 7500 sq ft of high performance, an Amped wireless AP20000G access point is an ideal choice for users who long for accessing a blazing-fast internet connection in all parts of the house. Want to know more about this Amped access point? Read on.
Amped Wireless AP20000G – Key Features
- Simultaneous dual band WiFi coverage
- Guest WiFi networks for guests
- Powerful processor for speedy wired and wireless networking
- USB storage support to facilitate file sharing via a USB device
- Gigabit networking for an enhanced digital experience
- Plug and Play setup
- Tx beamforming technology
Technical Specifications of Amped Wireless AP20000G
- Wireless standard: 802.11 /b/g/n
- Radio band: 2.4GHz and 5GHz (simultaneous)
- Processor speed: 620MHz
- Wireless speed: 2.4GHz (300Mbps) and 5GHz (300Mbps)
- Amplifier: Dual 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and low noise amplifiers
- Security standards: WEP, WPS, WPA2, WPA mixes, and WPS
- Access scheduling for specific days and time
- Wireless coverage control: 15-100% with respect to the output power
- Guest WiFi networks: 4 networks for 2.4GHz and 5GHz band
- Antennas: 2 high gain dual band antennas and 2 reverse SMA connectors
- Ports: 4 LAN ports, 1 network port, and 1 USB port
How Amped Wireless AP20000G Works?
This high-power wireless access point improves the wireless access to any existing network when connected via a wired or wireless source. However, it needs to be in constant connection with the host networking device so that every dead zone in the house can be filled with a high-speed internet connection.
Amped Wireless AP20000G Setup Requirements
- A router or a network switch with a network port. But, the router must be properly configured.
- The default web or IP address of your Amped wireless access point.
- A computer that has a web browser (updated) installed on it.
Now, let’s make you aware of the steps to install an Amped wireless AP2000 access point.
Amped Wireless AP20000G Setup
- Start the setup process with the unboxing of your access point. You will find two detachable high-gain antennas, a power adapter, two Ethernet cables, and a stand for vertical mounting along with your WiFi device.
- Now, it is time to position your Amped wireless AP20000G access point. So, place it near the main router to facilitate proper signal propagation. In addition, ensure that the location you select is not surrounded by WiFi interference-creating factors.
- Connect the power adapter of your Amped access point to a wall socket that is offering a non-fluctuating power supply. Once done, press the Power button on your Amped device. Wait for the LED lights to glow.
- Right after that, grab any of the Ethernet cables you’ve received with your Amped wireless AP20000G access point. Ensure that it does not possess any cuts. Thereafter, insert its one end into the network port of the host router and another into the Ethernet port of your main router. However, bear in mind to create a firm connection. You are free to go with a wireless source in case establishing a wired connection is not your cup of tea.
- Gain access to a computer or laptop and switch it on. Run a web browser to access the dashboard of your Amped access point. Take note that any web browser that is free of browsing history and cache can be used.
- Now, navigate the cursor to the URL field of the internet browser and type in the default web address of your Amped access point. Make sure that you are entering the web address without any typing mistakes and that too in the URL field. Using the search bar won’t let you install your WiFi device.
- After entering the web URL, you are required to hit the Enter key. In an instant, you will see the Amped wireless setup wizard. This wizard will display some instructions. You need to follow them to complete setting up your Amped access point.
With that, the setup process of Amped wireless AP20000G will get completed. Now, feel free to take advantage of its brilliant features. Just in case you find the setup process difficult, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professionals for immediate help.