5 Tips to Improve Your Amped WiFi Extender Performance
Is your Amped WiFi extender not performing up to the mark? Are you facing sudden disconnections with your Amped WiFi range extender? Planning to ditch your Amped wireless extender? Well, let’s provide you with some tips that will help you improve the Amped WiFi extender performance. So, without any delay, let’s get started.
How to Improve Amped WiFi Extender Performance?
1. Aim for the Right Location
Do you know that the location of your Amped wireless range extender has a great impact on its performance? FYI, for excellent Amped WiFi extender performance, your device needs to be placed wisely. In case you don’t know how to choose the best location for the Amped WiFi extender, walk through the below-mentioned guidelines:
- Your Amped WiFi extender must be placed within the range of the existing router.
- Electromagnetic waves emitting devices such as microwave ovens, cellular phones, refrigerators, televisions, etc. needs to be away from your Amped WiFi extender.
- Reflexive surfaces tend to bounce back your Amped extender’s WiFi signals. Therefore, maintain a safe distance between your extender and objects like lenses, mirrors, and glasses.
- Metal is another factor that interrupts the flow of your Amped wireless range extender’s signals. So, do not place your extender near metal objects.
- Do not place your Amped WiFi extender inside a cabinet or under a table as it might prevent WiFi signals from getting transmitted in a proper manner.
2. Update the Firmware
Your Amped WiFi extender runs on a software embedded in it. This software is generally known as the firmware of the extender. To keep the WiFi extender performance at par, it is advised to get the firmware updated timely. The reason being updating the firmware fixes bugs and errors. It also adds new features to your Amped range extender. Given below are the steps describing the process of Amped WiFi extender firmware update:
- Turn on your PC and load your favorite web browser.
- Download the firmware file for your Amped WiFi extender and save it on your PC.
- Now, launch a new tab.
- Type setup.ampedwireless.com into the URL field and press the Enter key.
- Enter the required details into their respective fields and click Login.
- You will be taken to the Amped extender setup wizard.
- Here, locate the Management option and click Upgrade Firmware.
- Now, click the Choose File button and locate the firmware file you’ve downloaded in the beginning.
- Thereafter, select the Upload button.
Note: No matter whether you have Amped AC750 extender or another extender model in your home, the firmware update process will remain the same.
The firmware of your Amped WiFi extender will get updated in a few minutes. In case you face any issues while updating the Amped WiFi extender firmware, get in touch with our experts.
3. Cut Off WiFi Leeches
You might not be able to extract the best performance from your Amped WiFi extender if unauthorized users are connected to its network. So, another way to improve Amped WiFi extender performance is to change the login password of your Amped WiFi extender to cut off WiFi leeches. To change the default password of the Amped extender:
- Log in to your Amped WiFi range extender.
- Click Management > Password Settings.
- The Password window will welcome you.
- Here, type the new password for your Amped WiFi extender in New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Lastly, click the Apply button and let the changes be effective.
This is how you can cut off WiFi leeches by changing the Amped default login password and improving the WiFi extender performance.
4. Enable BoostBand Technology
The BoostBand Technology increases the overall speed of your Amped WiFi extender. It streamlines the dual-band network traffic via a single WiFi frequency band between your Amped extender and the host router improving your WiFi extender performance.
You can enable the BoostBand Technology by logging in to your Amped WiFi extender and selecting the Boost Band Technology option under More Settings.
5. Reboot Your Amped Extender
Lastly, never forget to reboot your Amped WiFi extender. Wondering what rebooting has to do with the Amped WiFi extender’s performance? Because rebooting is the most efficient trick that has helped in resolving various technical glitches that can be hazardous for your Amped extender.
To reboot your Amped extender, you need to unplug it from the wall socket, wait for some time, and plug it back into the power outlet.
Let’s hope that the aforementioned tips will help you improve your Amped WiFi extender performance. On the off chance even after implementing the tips given in this post, your Amped extender is not performing well, then contact our professionals for immediate help.