Can't Do Amped Extender Login?
Are you unable to login to Amped wireless range extender? Yes? Well, you have landed on the right page. Here, we will reveal the list of factors that are not allowing you to access the Amped wireless range extender login page. Not only this but we will also make you aware of the troubleshooting tips to fix Amped range extender login issues. So, read on.
Reasons Why You Can't Do Amped Extender Login
Given below is the list of reasons preventing you from accessing the Amped wireless extender login page:
- You aren't connected to a high-speed internet connection.
- The Amped wireless range extender is not receiving adequate electricity.
- Your Amped range extender is placed too far from the host router.
- The WiFi signals of your Amped extender are being interfered.
- You haven't used an updated web browser to access the Amped extender login page.
- The web address entered by you to do Amped wireless range extender login is incorrect.
- You didn't enter the web address in the address bar of the web browser.
- The Amped wireless range extender login details have been modified.
- Your Amped extender's firmware has become outdated.
- You didn't set up your range extender properly.
Whatever the reason might be, following the troubleshooting tips given below will help you to login to Amped wireless range extender in a hassle-free manner.
How to Fix Amped Wireless Range Extender Login Issues?
Reboot the Amped Extender
Perhaps, your Amped wireless range extender has fallen victim to technical glitches. Before these glitches push you into another pit of issues, we recommend you reboot your Amped wireless range extender. As soon as you reboot your device, try to access the Amped wireless extender login page again. Did you get success? No? Give a shot to the next troubleshooting tip.
Place WiFi Devices at a Safe Distance
Another reason why you are facing Amped wireless range extender login issues might be an improper distance between your extender and the router. The term “improper” here means too close or too far. Therefore, consider placing your WiFi devices at a safe distance and see if the trick brings you success with the Amped range extender login process.
Check the Internet Connection
Many users forget to fulfill one of the most important requirements for accessing the Amped wireless extender login page and fail miserably. Chances are that you have also done the same mistake. Therefore, we suggest you run a speed test on your device and check whether you are getting sufficient internet speed from your ISP. If the speed test bears no result, then don't wait to contact our experts and ask them to fix the issue at hand.
Switch to Wired Connection
Have you connected your Amped wireless range extender and the host router using a wireless source? Well, this is where you messed up. A wireless connection is not always a reliable source when it comes to networking. Note that, the connection between your extender and router can be stabilized if you eliminate the wireless connection and replace it with a wired one. So, it is time to bring a non-damaged Ethernet cable into play.
Update the Web Browser
As mentioned earlier that not using an updated version of web browser for Amped extender login might also be the culprit behind the problem you are struggling with. So, waste no more time and get your web browser updated. It can be done by accessing the Settings section of the web browser. But, updating the web browser won't be fruitful if it is carrying a junk of cache, cookies, and browsing history. Therefore, consider deleting them.
Use the Correct Web Address
The default web address plays a prominent role in accessing the Amped wireless extender login page. The moment you use the incorrect web address, you destine yourself to face Amped wireless range extender login issues. Know that the correct web address to access the Amped range extender login page is http://setup.ampedwireless.com. Besides, avoid using the search bar of the web browser to type the extender's default web address.
Use the Correct Login Credentials
Recall the time when you performed Amped wireless range extender setup. Did you assign a new password to your device to prevent it from unauthorized access? Yes? Then, it is suggested to use those login credentials on the Amped wireless extender login page. However, special care needs to be taken while entering the Amped wireless extender range extender login credentials as they are case-sensitive.
Eliminate WiFi Interference
You can also avoid the Amped wireless range extender login issues by eliminating the WiFi interference. So, remove all the WiFi interference creating agents from the wireless range covered by your Amped extender. For example, you need to keep your Amped wireless range extender away from microwave ovens, televisions, smartphones, refrigerators, mirrors, fish tanks, etc. Choose the central location for your extender.
Disable Antivirus Programs
Yes, we know that antivirus software prevents your computer from malware. But, do you know that they can also lead you to Amped extender login issues? FYI, antivirus software can halt access to a number of websites including the one you use to access the Amped wireless extender login page. So, we advise you temporarily disable antivirus software or firewall installed on your PC before you step ahead to login to Amped wireless range extender.
Reset the Extender
If you are still unable to login to Amped wireless range extender, then there is a high possibility that you entangled during the setup process and committed a mistake. But, no worries! You can mend the mistake by resetting your Amped wireless range extender. If you are a tech newbie and doesn't own any knowledge about range extenders, then we strongly advise you to contact our profound experts for quick assistance.
After resetting the Amped extender, it will become brand new. It means you have to configure it again from scratch by accessing the Amped wireless extender login page. Walk through the next section and learn the correct process to set up your device by accessing the Amped extender login page.
Extender Setup via Amped Extender Login Page
Walk through the instructions mentioned below in order to install your extender by accessing the Amped wireless range extender login page:
- Ensure that your Amped wireless range extender is getting a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the host router and another to the Amped extender.
- Thereafter, get access to a desktop and turn it on.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari.
- Go to the address bar and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the dashboard of your Amped extender.
- Once there, go through all the on-screen prompts and complete setting up your Amped wireless extender.
That's how you can set up your device by accessing the Amped wireless range extender login page. However, if got stuck with the process, reach out to our experts at any hour of the day. They will help you make your Amped wireless extender up and running in no time.
Change Password via Amped Extender Login
Although you are not required to enter the Amped extender login password during the initial setup process, it is essential to assign a strong admin password to your extender. Just in case you are wondering why, then let us tell you that the extender without an admin password is like a door without the lock. So, anyone can access your Amped extender and leech your WiFi.
If you don't want to let that happen, we recommend to enable password protection on your extender by assigning a strong admin username and password to your Amped device. Now, let's get started with the process of how to change your extender password by accessing the Amped wireless extender login page.
- Connect your Amped range extender and router using a wired or a wireless medium.
- Once done, open a cache-free internet browser on your computer and login to Amped wireless range extender by accessing the default web address.
- Once you reach the dashboard of your Amped wireless range extender, click the More Settings tab.
- Select the Management option and select Password.
- You will find yourself on the Password window.
- Now, enter the Amped extender login username.
- Thereafter, type the admin password for your extender.
- Verify the password by entering it into the Confirmed Password field.
- Lastly, click the Apply button and let the changes be effective.
The Amped range extender login password will get changed. Remember that now you need to enter the changed username and password to login to Amped wireless range extender. Now that you've created a layer of security on your Amped wireless range extender by changing its password, let's take one more step and guide you about the process to set up Guest Network on the extender.
Create Guest WiFi via Amped Extender Login Page
Setting up a Guest WiFi on the extender allows you to create a separate network for guests. It means you need not to reveal the WiFi password of your extender's main network to guests. That is why it is considered as a smart step to safeguard the WiFi network of your Amped range extender.
Walk through the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to create a guest network via the Amped range extender login page.
- Visit http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Login to Amped wireless range extender using the admin details you've assigned to the device.
- Once you reach the Amped range extender dashboard, select Settings.
- Move to the Extended Network Settings option.
- Select the 5GHz WiFi Settings option.
- You will get redirected to the window displaying the Basic Settings of the 5GHz radio band.
- Now, click the Guest Network option.
- Select the Enable option.
- Thereafter, enter the SSID and password for the guest network.
- Apply changes.
This is how you can login to Amped wireless range extender and create a guest network. You can also create a guest network for 2.4GHz radio band by accessing its settings. In case, you are unable to set up a guest network, our experts are on their toes to help you out.
Amped Wireless Range Extender Login - FAQs
What is the default username and password for Amped wireless extender login?
You can find the default username and password of your Amped wireless range extender by referring to the user manual. If that doesn't help you out, get in touch with our experts for quick assistance.
Why is http://setup.ampedwireless.com not working?
There might be plenty of reasons behind the http://setup.amped.wireless.com not working issue. From the incorrect web address to the entree in the search bar can create the issue you are facing. Apart from that, a slow internet connection plays a pivotal role in giving rise to Amped extender login issues.
How do I login to Amped wireless range extender after changing the password?
To login to Amped wireless range extender:
- Turn on your extender.
- Once done, pull up a web browser on your PC and enter the default web address of your Amped wireless extender.
- Pressing the Enter key will take you to the Amped wireless range extender login page.
- Here, enter the username and password you set to login to Amped wireless range extender.
- Click Login.
- You will successfully get logged in to your Amped range extender.
Why is my Amped wireless extender not working?
Your Amped wireless range extender might not work in the following scenarios:
- If the extender is not receiving a sufficient power supply.
- The distance between your WiFi extender and the host router is too much.
- The extender is placed near devices emitting electromagnetic waves.
- Your Amped wireless extender is running on an outdated firmware.
- The extender is overheating.
Can I hide the SSID of my Amped wireless range extender?
Yes, you can hide the SSID of your Amped WiFi extender. All you need is to login to your Amped wireless range extender and follow the steps given below:
- Reach the Amped wireless extender setup wizard.
- Click the More Settings tab.
- Access the Wireless Settings option and select the Extender Wireless Settings window of the band you want to disable SSID broadcast for.
- Once there, select the Disable option.
- Now, save the settings you have made to your Amped wireless extender.